DIY Watchmaking Kit | Flight 01 (F01) Pilot Watch with Date Details：
A military pilot watch inspired by traditional timekeepers back in the World War era (Mark XI Pilot Watch created specifically for the British Royal Airforce). This is a modern interpretation of the traditional pilot watch. The watch dial has clear and legible numerals and lumed markers. Generously lumed hands and a white second hand enables aviators to tell time at a glance.
At the size of 40mm, this is a no-nonsense tool watch powered by the tried and true Miyota 8 series movement. An optional 8315 upgrade will give you 60 hours of power reserve, a beautifully decorated movement, and hack-second (stop-second) functionality. The 10 ATM W.R. will keep your watch safe through most, if not all of your outdoor endeavors.
The DIY kit includes:
Complete components of one 40mm Flight series mechanical watch
Watch Case: DWC Flight series 40mm 316L stainless steel case (Double Dome Sapphire Crystal) with 10ATM W.R. (CF-01) Case Back: Exhibition case back (Mineral Crystal) Movement Holder: Movement holder for Miyota 8 series
Standard pilot watch crown with logo (Stem pre-assembled for Miyota 8 Series) Watch dial: DWC F01 Luminous Dial (With date window)
Hands: Pilot Watch Hands with SuperLuminova C3 Lume (Miyota 8 Series) Movement: Miyota 8215. Optional 8315 upgrade with Côtes de Genève and stop-second functionality (With date function)
Strap: DIY Watch Club Navigator Strap -- Brown (20mm)
- Watchmaking tool options:
- Basic tool with Cardboard toolbox
- DWC Tool Set w/ Brown PU Bag
- DWC professional watchmaker tools with Box upgrade
- No tools - for those who already have watch repair tools. Please make sure you have hand removal tools and hand-setting tools (usually not included in watch repair kits)
- Complete video instructions (English, Cantonese and Mandarin)
Time required：120~ mins (Simply enjoy the watchmaking process at your own pace)
Challenging Level : ★★★★
MIYOTA 8315 MOVEMENT - 60HR POWER RESERVE UPGRADE
Upgrade your movement to a Miyota 8315 movement to enjoy:
- 60-hour power reserve (a considerable upgrade from 8215's 42-hour power reserve). This means you can take your watch off for the whole weekend and your watch will still be running on Monday.
- Hack-second or stop-second feature allows you to set the time precisely
- Heat blued steel screws decoration
- Côtes de Genève movement finish
DWC PRO WATCHMAKING TOOL KIT:
This is our Pro Tool Kit, a DWC in-house design from top to bottom. This is a lot more than a mere step up from standard Amazon watch-making tools; it is a collection of tools we designed and crafted to give you the best watchmaking experience possible.
And in watchmaking, just like many other crafts, the quality of the tools does affect the quality of the outcome.
Learn more about it here: What Makes a Good Watchmaking Tool
A Miyota-made original rotor customized by us. A perfect icing on the cake for the watch you assembled yourself or a watch mod you are proud of. Best paired with an exhibition case back. Design your custom rotor with us