Watch hand bluing with DIY watch complete kit：
Assemble your very own vintage dress watch and adorn it with steel blue hands that you thermally blued yourself!
This bundle includes our Flame Bluing Kit and complete components for our Mosel vintage dress watch.
This DIY bundle includes:
- Complete DIY Watch Club Flame Bluing Kit
- Butane gas refill for butane torch not included in the kit. You can obtain it from your local hardware store or from Amazon.
Complete components of one 38.5mm vintage dress mechanical watch
Watch Case: Mosel series 38.5mm 316L stainless steel case (Acrylite 8N / K1 glass) - 3ATM Case Back: High Domed Exhibition case back (Acrylite 8N / K1 glass) Movement Holder: Movement holder for Miyota 8 series
Standard Mosel watch crown with logo Watch dial: Domed sunray dial with applied indices and 6 o'clock date window
Hands: Mosel series Silver Watch Hands (3 hands) - (Pack of 2)
Steel hands for bluing included in the Flame Bluing Kit
Movement: Miyota 8215 (Made in Japan) Strap: DIY Watch Club Sarto Straps - Umber (20mm)
- Watchmaking tool options:
- DWC Tool Set w/ Brown PU Bag
- DWC professional watchmaker tools with Box upgrade
- No tools - for those who already have watch repair tools. Please make sure you have hand removal tools and hand-setting tools (usually not included in watch repair kits)
- Complete video instructions in English (Cantonese and Mandarin coming 2022)
Watch hands bluing ~60 mins
Watch assembly ~120 mins (Simply enjoy the watchmaking process at your own pace)
Mod potential：★★★ (movement, dial, hands)
Challenging Level : ★★★★ (note that steel hands are a little harder to set)
How to heat-treat your watch hands and screws (or other steel components)
With the right setup, flame bluing is actually quite an enjoyable process. Check out our ~10-minute guide on how to create your very own heat treated blue hands.
K1 Hardened Glass vs Acrylite 8N:
Our Mosel case comes in 2 variants, one with K1 glass and the other with Acrylite 8N. Acrylite 8N is a high-quality acrylic that will give you the most authentic vintage look, while K1 glass will offer a balance between the vintage vibe and practicality as it is much harder than acrylic and offers a vastly improved anti-scratch capability (even better than other mineral crystal watches).
Our K1 glass Mosel case variant is also decorated with brushed/polished hybrid finishing for a more premium, sophisticated look.
MIYOTA 8315 MOVEMENT - 60HR POWER RESERVE UPGRADE
Upgrade your movement to a Miyota 8315 movement to enjoy:
- 60-hour power reserve (a considerable upgrade from 8215's 42-hour power reserve). This means you can take your watch off for the whole weekend and your watch will still be running on Monday.
- Hack-second or stop-second feature allows you to set the time precisely
- Heat blued steel screws decoration
- Côtes de Genève movement finish
DWC PRO WATCHMAKING TOOL KIT:
This is our Pro Tool Kit, a DWC in-house design from top to bottom. This is a lot more than a mere step up from standard Amazon watch-making tools; it is a collection of tools we designed and crafted to give you the best watchmaking experience possible.
And in watchmaking, just like many other crafts, the quality of the tools does affect the quality of the outcome.
Learn more about it here: What Makes a Good Watchmaking Tool
A Miyota made original rotor customized by us. A perfect icing on the cake for the watch you assembled yourself. Best paired with an exhibition case back. Design your custom rotor with us